Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Apathy of New Releases (Nov '10)

Hey guys, Mr. Out-of-the-Demographic again. No, I'm not going to whine endlessly about new releases, and how I (!) would order for my imaginary store, but the GTM #129 for November is out and I perused...

A couple of things caught my eye, but not my interest:

A Christmas Story party game.. A trivia game you can probably snag cheaper at a chain store, it does come with a fully painted Ralphie in the bunny suits. Sorry guys, no mini for the lamp.

Steve Jackson Games is doing a lot of reprint/restocks with their Illuminati game. If you're going to be controlled by the Secret Masters, this is the game to *fnord*

Warlord Games continues to expand their ECW (English Civil War) and WW2 lines through traditional distribution channels. And they look pretty good, and pretty affordable price-wise.
oh yeah, FRICKIN' ARKHAM HORROR: MANSIONS OF MADNESS! $80 of more sanity-wrenching boardgame fun!

I see three things of interest in this months book:

  1. The Mouseling bard, thief, and knight will be available as a three pack. I'll still snag my boxed set *eventually* but this helps fill in numbers of figs (multiple thief-like figs will fit Mouse Guard). But why did they attach minstrels to Brave Mouseling Sir Robin? I don't have use for more than two bards!

  2. Santa Mouseling and Helper (RPR 03543) $6.99. No pic available.

  3. It's not on my list (just Santa Mouseling this month), but Reaper is also releasing a Nativity set by Sandra Garrity:

I dunno, I like it. I can't wait for someone to run a 28-30mm Ancients game involving the Baby Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment