Thursday, December 16, 2010

(LoS) Dear Memories of Behemoths and Pioneers

I've expressed my love of Legions of Steel. Wooly and I happened to get in with the company at the right time, and our devotion got rewarded.

I'm remembering off the top of my head, but these prints were added in the LoS Planetstorm book:
My image is that of the infamous "Traitor Jacobson". He was a U.N.E Pioneer, a combat engineer for the 22nd Century (To quote Full Metal Jacket: " Engineers. You go out and find mines!" Jacobson led the units into the heart of a Machine stronghold, only to betray them. You see, well before the mission, Jacobson had been killed and replaced by a machine inside his power armor. If you're going to be a traitor, at least do it in style...

This is Wooly's. "Wooly Bully" was just a wild man in Behemoth RXS power armor. I know Wooly this framed somewhere in his house... I have my print as well, although it's buried in a "Do not throw out EVER!" box in the garage...
It is sad that the only pictures of these online were on Wooly's website, which he hasn't updated since 1997. He covers our connection with Global Games, Inferno, and even mentions the ill-fated Abyss role-playing game.
p.s. Wooly's story confirms my off-the-top-of-my-head version, with a few more details. He does fail to mention wandering the streets of Toronto, fondling large piles of lead-free metal, and my only trip to a strip club. (which was covered as business expense, go Canadian tax law!)

No comments:

Post a Comment