Monday, May 16, 2011

A Very Gnomish Civil War Update

I finally got some technological issues resolved and got ahold of Jim Stanton "The Gnome Guy." I gave him the breakdown on the game and he seems excited. Truth be told, I think he's happy somebody else is finally running a Gnome game.

Going over the details, I realized the one thing to make the free-for-fall competitive and fun is secondary goals. Sure, the kids who don't have armies should pre-reg for a spot stick to a basic "defend/attack objective A" battleplan. The experienced players who bring their own armies, should be allowed a bit more independence.

While the experienced players will be able to ally themselves with the major factions, their true motives will be a bit more subversive. Capturing the village might be a good plan of attack, but seizing the secret stash of gold in the one building will make things turn to a fever pitch. I'm pondering a unit that wants to "rescue" the St. Bernards, or maybe one that wants to sabotage a facility.

My current plan, besides building the buildings: Trying to see is the rules for Santa need to be tweaked. I mean, the Swiss can't ALL be good, can they?

No comments:

Post a Comment