Friday, June 10, 2011

Another Burning Plastic?

Perusing this internet thing I discovered that someone else has used the Burning Plastic name!

http://sites.google.com/site/burningplasticwargame/Home

It looks like a bunch of teenagers sick with GW, adapted some existing rules (Fighting Plastic) and tried playing some skirmish level games.

At first glance, the rules are definitely passable. Target number or lower to hit. Lots of +1/-1 modifiers. Nothing too crazy. The biggest problem I saw was movement. A foot for infantry, two for tanks, three for helicopters. What pictures were on the site showed small battlefields, so maneuvering is basically turn one only. Maximum movement for a tank equals maximum movement for infantry.

The website hasn't been updated since 2008, so I don't we'll ever have a copyright lawsuit.

Anyway, I like my suicide bombers to be self-destructing robots.

No comments:

Post a Comment