Thursday, September 22, 2011

(Historicon) Fredericksburg! Wagons No!

The official word has come down from the lawyers on high:

"HMGS is pleased to announce that Historicon 2012 will be held July 19 -22, in Fredericksburg, Virginia, at the Fredericksburg Expo and Conference Center.Fredericksburg Expo & Conference Center2371 Carl D. Silver ParkwayFredericksburg, Virginia 22401"

Which means I won't be going next year. Finances were tough enough this year and are getting that way for Fall-in! Throw in extra driving time, and a wife who's more negative about Fredericksburg for a vacation destination than I am, and it looks like my Colonial Era Chicka Zulu game will appear at Cold Wars.

I am indifferent. Worst case I can see if I can make the day trip to NJCon next summer. Drive time is just a little more than Lancaster and I might meet more people closer to my house. Not by much verus the crew I have now, but it couldn't hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment