Tuesday, April 3, 2012

(eBay) Oh my head

Recently, I've been perusing eBay with some regularity, dropping dirt cheap bids on worthy items and rarely winning.

Before I go into my boring story, go check out mikeshardlemonade .  Numerous questions surround the seller, but rest assured these were not the items I was bidding on.  If the Hoth "diarama" is still up, it is a thing of beauty.

While perusing one guy's auctions, I stumbled upon some Legions of Steel.  He had some loose Machines, some loose UNE, a couple of blisters and a some tiles/unpuched chits.  Shipping was a bit steep, but I figured if I snagged at least two the costs would be more reasonable, plus I could be aggressive with the Machines lot.  It had a bunch of regular Nightmares, and those guys are fetching $8.00 for a blister of two.

As luck would have it, I snagged up the Machines and random tiles/accessories and they arrived yesterday.  First off, this is how he packaged them:


A spare blue box?  That explains how they were going to ship unpunched chits safely.  Then I made my "d'oh" moment of the week.  A blue box with unpunched tiles, chits, doors, door stands, AND a mini copay of the blue box Rules of Engagement?  Another auction of "random" Machines and another of UNE?

Sonuvabitch, some dude broke down the blue box and sold it piecemeal!

While the "Over a pound of metal" Black boxes had an Assault Fiend, a horde of Nightmares, 2 Plasma Projector, and a squad of humans, the blue box was more of a miss-mash of figs

The ironic thing is, had he auctioned off everything together, he probably could have netted a far more handsome payday.

The one item of nostalgia to me was the free Inferno poster that came with the LOS boxed set.



No comments:

Post a Comment