Sunday, September 9, 2012

Painting Day with Daddy

It's been a rough week.  My mother-in-law has been in the hospital with steadily declining health, my wife has been run ragged, daycare is run by a descendant of Mussolini, and we've sorta been going through the motions with the kids.

It was time for a painting afternoon with Daddy.

With the addition of 20 month old Amelia, it's not as easy as one-on-one time with Maja.  Anyone with multiple kids knows exactly where I'm coming from.

It was a light day for work and messes.  Amelia preferred using her paint brush as makeup brush than putting it to paper.  Maja finished off her $1 birdhouse from Michael's in record time, staying in the lines better than I do any given day.

Me?  Not much, for some obvious reasons.  A 20 month old is a bit of a demanding painting partner, and my  main goal was to assemble as many minis from my last eBay auction as possible. Two boars, one warhorse, and one big ass Dark Elf horse (Nightmare) are trimmed and glued, even if Millie stole one of the Boars (...Puppy!) and broke off a tail who knows where in the house.  I got called to the hospital when my stalwart wife finally needed assistance and girls got to play with friends the rest of the day.
Mini painters in training
Perhaps I'll do some early morning priming and work on my horse painting... and the study of boar fur.

No comments:

Post a Comment