Thursday, January 31, 2013

Blogger fo' life, yo!

Of all the technological advances in the past twenty years, the blog is the one item I can't believe I survived without it for so long.  It's everything I've ever tried to assemble with a notebook, a word processor, and eventually a computer.  A permanent footprint of everything I thought was good at the time, but would turn into the good, the bad, and ugly as I tried to wax nostalgic. 

I almost wish I had dates (and the nerve) to post-date posts from the distant past:

October 27, 1991 - Just finished off another Red Dawn/Napalm Death game.  Blew a hole in the Palmer Mall and blew up the old Pfizer plant.  Man, I'm going to play GURPS for everything but fantasy!

August 30, 1994 - I got the job at New Frontiers!  Assistant Manager to boot!  Gotta start playing Magic again, since that's all they're carrying.  Can't wait to take all those profits and invest them in the expansion of the role-playing and miniatures sections.  I still don't know why they dabble in 40K, a Rhino for $15 is outrageous!

March 12, 1997 - Made it down here in Lancaster at some historical wargaming convention called Cold Wars.  I have a bunch of books on Napoleon and Wargames Illustrated from Ron at the Game Trader and he's willing to give a good cut of the profits if I sell them all at their flea market.  Boy this place the con is held at (Host?) is a labyrinth and nobody seems to know what they're doing.  I just hope they buy everything, I don't think the Oldsmobile can handle another heavy laden trip back to Hightstown.  It's no Duster in it's heyday.

April, 2000 - Had a good time at the the Mid-Eastern Pennsylvania Gaming Convention (MEPACon), held at the Wind Gap Legion Hall.  We made some money at the table and played in a couple decent games.  Only con at the con:  I lost my copy of Zombies!   Hope there's a second one, just in case Mike isn't running Bogglecons for awhile....

No comments:

Post a Comment