Wednesday, January 30, 2013

(Kickstarter) Fun and Forgetfulness in Alas Vegas

I'm no longer active on enough role-playing boards to normally follow-up on any RPG Kickstarters, but this one did everything put jump off my computer screen and smack me in the face.

Alas Vegas

"The player-characters begin the game by digging themselves out of a shallow grave in the desert, at midnight. They are naked, and they have no memory of who they are or how they got where they are. On the horizon is a scar of neon. There will be answers there. And trouble."

I love the concept of an "RPG miniseries"  Four sessions to figure out what's going on puts a time limit on character action and investigation, and looks to me a great "breather" game in between more serious games.  And I'm quite certain the rulebook will contain a formula for creating slight variations of a theme.

Hey, it worked for The Hangover!

The exciting thing for me is that the writer is James Wallis. James created the Once Upon a Time card game and founded Hogshead Publishing, which published Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay and produced a number of these RPG miniseries style books, most notably The Extraordinary Adventures of Baron Munchausen.  This should be a hoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment