Friday, January 18, 2013

My Mind is Like a Muppet on Speed

After a prodigious December of posts, my mind has turned to spastic mush.   Two little girls who alternate between contracting illnesses and acting like night owls, a wife with a million projects on top to the list we can't catch up on, and enough animals that would give Dr Doolittle pause,  I've had zero time to pause, reflect, and give serious consideration to gaming. 

True,  my nightly walks with our annoying Lab, Pokey, have gone longer, and that is where I scheme the most, but once I walk into the house, I have no time to write it down, or even plop down in front of the computer for five minutes.   I have managed to jot a few topics in the Blogger app for the iPhone, but my Hulk-like fingers don't accomodate the keypad and sleep deprevation makes my incoherent ramblings even more difficult to edit.

It's another Daddy Gaming Weekend, so there should be a post of our activities after the weekend, but I would love to work on the backlog of blog drafts I've had:
  • (Illuminati University) Attack of the Zombie Nazi Coffee Junkies:  Our annual Risus IOU game deserves a quick write-up, if I can assemble the character sheets. 
  • The German-American War Background:  When I first started Samoa, I based my options on What-If scenario of part of the American fleet heading to the Phillipines in 1898 getting diverted to take Samoa from a stronger German presence.  As more people pick up American Gnome forces, I may continue this.
  • The History of the Gnome World, Parts 1 & 2:   Part one is a mostly fluff piece to set up the origins of the gnomes going through the Gnoman Empire and finally ending with the original Nomepoleon.  Part two would cover the post- omepoleonic Wars and give players options for the 19th Century wars.
  • 40K and Other Ailments: A rant about watching people play 40K, online and in person.
  • Call of Cthulhu for Grown Ups?:  Giving up Hack-n-Slash things in adulthood.
  • NYC CoC #13: Blackest Hills, Blackest Secrets:  I am working on this.  I need a quiet night, a couple drinks, and my source material to complete this correctly.  This needs to be completed so the new players have proper information about the group's former exploits. 
  • NYC CoC #14: The Pennywell Hangmen:  After #13.  All in good time.
  • The Michael Lung Gallery #15
  • (TIARA) The Octonauts Role Playing Game: I kid you not.  Again, quiet, beer, and time is all I need for a full write-up.
  • Russian Women Want Gaming Partners!  Ditto on this...  Some of you may know where this orginates from.
  • Elfball Review:  A placeholder for when Nichols and I have the time to playtest this version from Impact Miniatures.
I gots some work to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment