Thursday, March 21, 2013

You maniacs! You blew it all up... in 15mm

I think I mentioned Hordes of the Things (HotT) just once before here.

HotT seems like a simple enough system, and great for finishing multiple turns of a campaign game in an afternoon. And with 15mm, the minimum number of figures can be considerably inexpensive.

My daughter found a chair and started cleaning off some of our higher shelves over the weekend.  She brought down this. 



It's a rather small Statue of Liberty, probably snagged up by my Mother went she took a trip as a kid.  Without an Antiques Roadshow to confirm it, I'd say it's a dime a dozen kitschy souvenier. 

And basis for a great headquarters piece for a Planet of the Apes HotT army.



This isn't even my area of interest and I'm pondering... Does anybody make 15mm  Apes with guns?  Chimps?  Baboons?  I didn't find anything via internet searches outside of like-minded people two or three years ago. 

I know some of the normal sized 25mm gorillas could be used as giants, but this is going to nagging in the back of my gaming head, and I have little time for such silliness.  Any help can be appreciated.

Of course, there's the obvious question of who would I play with... but when has that stopped me?

3 comments:

  1. Dropship Horizon reviewed some very large 15mm apes by Pole Bitwy that are exactly what you are looking for, but still may be of use:

    http://dropshiphorizon.blogspot.com/2009/11/pole-bitwy-15mm-sci-fi-simian-troopers.html

    I haven't seen these in person, but the ones below by Highlander Studios look like they will work well:

    http://highlanderstudiosinc.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=160

    Znombie Master

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Correction, I meant to say that the Pole Bitwy aren't exactly what you are looking for...

      Delete
  2. Wow, those aren't 15mm, they're more like 25mm Chimps. I don't know if the Eureka apes are bigger.

    And you worry about your proportions when you sculpt, ZM. You obviously have nothing to worry about.

    ReplyDelete