Sunday, May 26, 2013

Gnomes Invade England... Garden Shows, That Is

It's always great when your cousin drops a "this made me think of you" message via Facebook and its appropriate for this blog.

Garden Gnomes Invade English Garden Show

Now, I'm not going to get involved in such a hot topic issue as garden gnomes as classic flower shows, 

However, one of these benefits of such press is that celebrities painted up there own garden gnomes, and the figures were put up for auction for charity.  Early during the show, the Elton John painted gnome was fetching well over two thousands Pounds.

Hmm.... which one is Elton John's again.
Elton John appears to have become the patron saint or godfather of Garden Gnomes. Gnomeo & Juliet's soundtrack was entirely his music, he paints a mean garden gnome for charity, and he's forced a certain blogger to dress up in costume....

I remember when rock was young
I recently said I couldn't find one of my mini cases, holding three Swiss Gnome Units.  If I can't find that case in the near future, I vow to rebuild my forces and start with a unit entirely painted like Elton John's gnome.

1 comment:

  1. Elton John?!?! I thought you looked more like Liza Minnelli dressed as a guy...

    ReplyDelete