Wednesday, June 19, 2013

A Very Moderate Swedish Conflict and Other Stuff I Follow...

It's been very quiet along the the blog front recently.   For the longest time, only the sheer output on Tim's Miniature Wargaming Blog kept me checking my list daily.  Of course, he does more painting in a night than I do all year, and most of his figures tempt me to dabble into new genres and eras that I still have no money to purchase or time to play. 

My friend's blogs are always amusing, and the 40k blogs I follow as a friend of a friend simply reinforce the ultimate truth that GW as a company is evil.  A lot of the other blogs have either shuttered for the summer, or gone of to different interests that don't match mine.  Oh well, c'est la vie.

I have picked up three blogs of note recently.  A Very Moderate Swedish Conflict is part of the Ådalen Miniatures blog that covers the Swedish military from 1910-1937.  As if I need another ridiculously obscure wargame, they've commissioned Swedish minis to fight an even more dignified skirmish than A Very British Civil War.  This blog, and his co-conspirator here. are simply beautiful, including painting guides.

I also started formally following Buck Surdu's blog.  Buck is a dedicated member of the HAWKS (Harford Area Weekly Kriegspielers) who have their own room o' fun at the HMGS East cons.  He's also the author of the Skirmish Elite Tanga Campaign I've been using for Gnome Wars.  Nothing recent is gaming-related, but his cross-country trip with his family along the northern edge of the lower 48 has been very enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment