Wednesday, April 9, 2014

(Kickstarter) Marauder Task Force Gaming Figures

One thing I like about Kickstarter Campaigns is the ability to pledge any amount, sometimes as small as a dollar to support the endeavor.  A buck usually doesn't put a project over the limit, but I do get to ask questions, automatically get updates, and give a dollar's worth of an accepting e-nod to the company that their project is cool.  I'm currently doing that with the City-State of the Invincible Overlord, and I just did it again with Marauder Task Force Gaming Figures.
If I ever finish up the second edition of Burning Plastic, my next project on the table will be a wargame RPG using 3 3/4" figures (G.I. Joes, Star Wars, and a host of other figures).  As figure quality (and price) has increased over the years, these figures have had their own version of scale creep and average just about 4" nowadays.  The Marauder Task Force figures are 4" tall (1/18 scale) but can come with a ton of accessories.  They're essentially the "boy's toy" version of a fully stocked Barbie Dream House (or maybe those Barbie suitcase closets.  Hey, I had a little sister.  Full size GI Joe and Barbie had many exciting adventures.  I was a good brother!)

Let's be honest, $19 a figure is a bit steep at first glance, but for those of you who don't frequent the action figure aisle at Toys 'R Us, the average 4" figure goes for ten bucks!  You do save a little for a hundred dollar pledge. 

Like the City-State, I probably won't buy further into the campaign before it ends on April 30th, but it is wicked cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment