Wednesday, November 12, 2014

The Kickstarters Trickle In...

For a man of finite funds and waning patience, Kickstarters continues annoy more than please me.   That's saying a lot, as I've gotten two of my rewards in the mail over the past week.

Tanner Jones and the Quest for the Monkey Stone delivered two months EARLY.  As much as I wanted to rip this apart and tear into it, it's resting atop a bookcase, ready to be given on Christmas Eve to the girls  With all the other garbage Santa is going to get them, something they're still excited to get from the parental units will avarice and selfishness of the season.



I also got Goodman Games' Age of Cthulhu 8: Starfall Over the Plateau of Leng Hardcover.  As much as I'm a fan of author Jon Hook, I do question the need for a hardcover of such a skinny book, and despite my growing interest in the Dreamlands, I'm not too thrilled by the scenario after the first read-through.  After normally giving out crumbs to the investigators, offering up a scenario where "*BOOM* you're in the Dreamlands" feels like a bit of a cop-out.  I have Machine King my reading list to see if their method of travel is treated differently.That being said, I'm quite pleased with the extras.  The handouts are top-notch, the extra scenario Trans-Atlantic Terror might be a perfect addition for my current group, and there are still more stretch goals due!

Of course after this arrives, I get yet another update from Reaper about Bones II.    The last container of product is finally leaving China, which means January by the time it travels the Pacific, clears customs, and they can inventory it before shipping out the rewards.  Of course, I didn't pick any of the normal pledges, which leaves me in Wave 10, which will probably arrive in late April.

I still have hope that the equally slow RAFM Call of Cthulhu campaign might actually arrive before Reaper's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment