Wednesday, April 22, 2015

(Kickstarter) Pine Tar Baseball 1884

My love of Dice Baseball is as strong as ever, even if I never have a chance to play. 

I usually balk, when it comes to sports games on Kickstarter.  Most are either over-complicated messes or under-produced pipe dream from the creators.  I think Pine Tar Baseball 1884 might hit the sweet spot of the bat.

You're not necessarily pledging for the rules (there's a link to them on the KS page for free), rather its the APBA-styled cards for each team.  Most at-bats are conducted with a single percentile roll, referencing the card stats for the batter and pitcher.   A few follow-up rolls (d10) may be required under special circumstances. 

The main thing that appealed to me was the fact that the full edition uses the eight National League and 13 American Association teams from 1884. 


Pledges run from $2 for the rules, and two teams on pdf, to a $36 (plus S&H) for the boxed set with all 21 teams, scoring sheets, playing pieces, and dice.

It's not Dice Baseball, but I'm not that biased to know that this looks to be a great game.

No comments:

Post a Comment