Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Musings and Miniatures for the Week

I come upon a difficult conundrum.  For my usual Fall and Spring cons, Mepacon and the HMGS cons, Fall-In! and Cold Wars are scheduled on back-to-back weekends!

Fall-In!  11/4-11/6   vs  Mepacon 11/11-11/13
Cold Wars  3/17-3/19/17  vs.  Mepacon 3/24 - 3/26/17

What to do?  What to run?  I need to see what my work schedule for the Fall is like, plus Maja has requested to go to Fall-In!  Mepacon's post-apocalyptic dystopia theme might fit my enthusiasm for Savage Rifts, but I don't know when that's coming out.  And as much as I love our "guys weekend" for Cold Wars, and I have a great game project set up, the theme for Mepacon Spring 2017 may be right up my alley.

A new poll might be in the future. 

For your viewing pleasure, the Metal Magic Dunwich Detective and Reaper Bones Goblins spoils of Mepacon.

The Metal Magic are more 23mm and my Pulp Figures can stretch to 32, so the disparity is way too noticeable on the table.  They're still all primed up (by hand) and into the queue.
 
What went directly into the sci-fi holding bin were the ten packs of Warzone and one Legions of Steel I snagged off of eBaby cheap.   Even with two separate sellers and jacked up S&H, I still paid a little over a buck a figure.  I'm seeing a lot more skirmish sci-fi, so I'm keeping my options open.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment