Saturday, April 30, 2016

My RAFM Order Has... Arrived???

The Rapture is coming, it's the end of the world, or at least it's going to snow...

My RAFM Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition minis arrived yesterday... at my old house. 

*Grumblegrumble I updated my address on the backer survey on the same day we closed on our house (May 30, 2014)*

I am simply happy the great Canadian nightmare is over and I can attempt to use these for a number of games.

I'll get better pictures together. 


Twenty-seven months after the campaign was launched, I have 21 figures.  To complicate the 32mm figures towering over my other miniatures, which I well expected, a number of the figure have a gauntly thin side view.  To complicate things further, some of the metal bases that get inserted into the slot bases are too thin to mount without packing material, while others are so thick that I needed to expand the space on the plastic base by 50%. 
(L to R) Kickstarter, Metal Magic, Pulp Figures, Kickstarter, and prior RAFM Kickstarter
The only figure I have issue with sculpt-wise was the Wind Walker (that was a free stretch goal add-on). 

Here's the design sketch:

And here's the figure provided, something I would expect from the Hackmaster miniature line more than a decade ago:

Despite all the catastrophes related to getting the Kickstarter out, it could be worse.  You could have pledged to the City-State of the Invincible Overlord, which had the same December 2014  delivery date and is absolutely nowhere near done.  With all the stretch goals and add-ons promised, it was a well-telegraphed train wreck, so I simply pledged $1 to get good seats to watch that.  I unfortunately did the same thing for Horrors of War.  My only overdue Kickstarter that's left is Pyramid of the Lost King

After all has been said and done, these get added to the pile of now-61 new miniatures.  I see instant use for the Summoning Stones, Ewe Cowles, Jack Brady, and surprisingly, the Wind Walker.

No comments:

Post a Comment