Friday, April 8, 2016

The Pile

Two years ago, one of my seasonal temps discovered that I loved comics and proceeded to give me a stack of late 70's/early 80's third tier DC Marvel comics:  War, Western, Horror, even an beat up issue of Incredible Hulk.  They have sat in a bin in my office until last week, when I started going through them for ideas. 

The girls want a Superhero game, and the comics of the 70's and 80's fit their demands perfectly.  Just about every issue was self-contained, although there was always an over-reaching story arc off to the side.  Unlike current story arcs where a six month storyline covers a an hour long battle with a villan, Daredevil would up random super villain #2382, but on a page or two, Kingpin was plotting something that wouldn't come to fruition for months. 

These non-Superhero comics should work in the same way to pull ideas for CoC, wargaming scenarios, and even a cool western spin from that issue of Jonah Hex on the far right.
 

It's a long-term work in progress, but I'm under one hundred drafts for ideas and blog posts.  Blogger has been great for organizing and updating my ideas for CoC, Hackmaster, and wargaming in general.   Scenario writing development hasn't been one of my exact benefits I've done, but it can't hurt to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment