Sunday, January 22, 2017

Project Updates 1/22/2017

The editors over at the The Miniatures Page set up a new board this month.  What I Did This Week allows people a place to tell others what they painted, played, or bought. 


I've got a blog.   Posting my inner monologue online here is more than enough.


This month, I believe I have finally wrangled that bugbear known as project management.  I've regularly relied on my five subject notebooks of doom, from which I've compiled monthly goals.  I ultimately would finish a third of them, and push the other third out into the nether reaches of the calendar. 


For January and beyond, I cracked upon a larger five subject and listed projects by the week instead.  Each week gets 3-4 blog topics and scenarios to play, with extra room for small painting projects, campaign assignments, and future purchases I need to make. 


Thus far, it's worked much better.  My "Week 1" assignments are down to playing one scenario, which I hope is finished before this posts.   Real life duties allowed me to put game days into "Daddy-Daughter" weekends which then allow me to gauge when I need to order new items and how long I need to finish painting them up. 


Wargaming
Thanks to this new method, I've managed to wrap up Episode #12  of the Egypt game and start a clean transition into "Volume 2."  I've got four more figures to paint up so the premiere game, som popsicle stick projects with the kids for episode two and a trip to Jo-Ann Fabrics and I might be completely set for the first four games. 


Painting
I didn't finish much, but I did put paint to twenty figures.  Besides the ever-growing supply of Pulp Figures, I've got three projects in the background.  German Gnome rifleman hope to have completely finished heads next week, if not completely done. There's a pile of mouslings that still need assistance, plus the recent Axe and Brimstone halflings I received are far too good NOT to paint ASAP.   Just five figures a week would net me over 200 figures for my gaming year, which ends September 30th. 
The Axe and Brimstone halflings getting some air from the back of the queue...
Role-Playing
Still trying to finalize plans to restart the monthly game session.  With little debate, we're going with Classic D&D, and I think I have a good action-packed start planned out.   I also need the girls to update some the Pulp characters to full-out Savage Worlds characters, complete with hindrances and edges.


As always, more to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment