Tuesday, August 15, 2017

#RPGaDay 2017 Day 15: Which RPG Do You Enjoy Adapting the Most?

I'm pretty much a plug-n-play type of gamer.   Sure I might remove encumbrance or fatigue, but at the end of the day, I'm happy with most mechanics and ideas as-is. 

You're not going to see me produce hacks that are Powered by the Apocalyspe anytime soon.

Most of my adaptations involved setting over game.  I've enjoyed adapting Call of Cthulhu modules from New England into Pennsylvania coal country.  Making General Sullivan's march into northern Pennsylvania and New York a mission to eradicate cultists was a fun week of research.

I also normally plug in any module I want to into my existing personal campaign setting without much fuss for AD&D and Hackmaster.

And if and when Talislanta: The Savage Land comes out, I won't adapt the system as much as I'll convert plenty of old sword and sorcery stories into exotic storylines. 

No comments:

Post a Comment