Sunday, August 27, 2017

#RPGaDay 2017 Day 27:What are Your Essential Tools for Good Gaming?

Day 27: "What are Your Essential Tools for Good Gaming?"

Yes, I know some are searching out the elaborate gaming tables, key dice, dice towers, custom GM screen or lucky con t-shirts (now con belly shirts after years of weight gain plus shrinkage).  After nearly thirty years of playing, I don't get impressed by elaborate spreads:

My basic player demands:
  • Comfy, upright chairs.  The whole cushy couch is not conducive to paying attention or rolling dice.
  • A table.  Even a coffee table to roll dice on is an improvement over no table at all. 
  • Food/Beverage - Pretty Generic, nothing too spicy or smelling too strong.  A session with a dinner break must be declared before we start gaming.
  • Minimal distractions:  My group is 3,000% into the kid zone, so barring removing the kids from the state, they will eventually show up at the table.  It's inevitable, so we should pause the game for a time to address the tyke in the room.  Ignoring them will just escalate the situation.
  • And bare gaming necessities. Dice/books/character sheets/GM Screen as needed.  I haven't needed a gaming vest and lucky hat since Origins '96.
Not the actual design of my favorite button on my old gaming vest, but it will do...

No comments:

Post a Comment