Monday, May 21, 2018

Farmesk, God of War.... Pink and Rubbery War

When I set up my own campaign world of Georic, well over 25 years ago, I borrowed heavily from every D&D book, every B-Movie on HBO, every story and tale I had ever heard.

But I the one thing I rarely borrowed from D&D was religion.

Greyhawk gods never did it for me, and the whole Time of Troubles thing in the Forgotten Realms was going down and I wanted to avoid them like the the plague.  So I made my own.

The Ferasean Gods covered the mandatory spheres a teenage boy could imagine in a Pantheon (Order, Chaos, War, Nature), and since my players were only interested in religion if they had a cleric, I kept it at that.

But I needed inspiration for these gods, so I went with what I had at the time.

A shoebox full of M.U.S.C.L.E. figures under my bead.

The pink avatar-like professional wrestlers screamed deities. And so, with the discovery of the lone survivor of my collection, I present to you Farmesk, the god of war:


From there, I fleshed out the pantheon.  To be honest, those early gods are lost to me, save one:  Galmar, the God of Earth/Earth Elemental worshiped by the barbarians of the plain of the same name, was the literal mountain-man (the dude was a anthropomorphic mountain peak).

Over the years, I've redone the world geographically, and added most, if not all common ancient mythos.

Here's the current list, avoid any spoilers from the Pigeon God campaign:

Akana: God of Law and Order (Original)
Aknar:  God of Wolves (Hackmaster)
Baraxus: God of evil, darkness, corruption, spiders (Corsair Publising)
Farmesk: God of War  (Original)
Galmar:  God of Earth and Stone (Original)
Guya: Goddess of Nature, Earth, World  (Original, but not by much)
Kanar the Dark: God of Darkness and Chaos (Original)
Kazum: God of song, bards. (Original)
Meudsopu: God of Revelry
Modee: God of Performing arts, bards.  (Original)
Sarku: God of Death “Lord of the Worms” (Empire of the Petal Throne)
Tritiana: Goddess of the Hunt  (Inspired by Magic the Gathering)
Vimhula of Fire: Fire Explosions, the Sun (Empire of the Petal Throne)
Yotia: God of Magic, Mages  (Original)

No comments:

Post a Comment