Sunday, July 22, 2018

When 40K Was Cool

For my next RPG Actual Play write-up, I'm pouring through some of my old Dragon magazines for research, format, and a few pieces of inspirational art. Results have been lukewarm thus far, but my oh my, the ads in the magazines are 100% winners. 

To be honest, I've never been a huge 40k fan.  I haven't played since 2nd Edition, and between the always increasing prices and overdone models, I see no desire to dip my foot back into the bottomless sinkhole. 

But the Dragon ads call back to a kinder, simpler time, when the figures and vehicles hearken back to my Heavy Metal sensibilities.

I mean, with all the Golden Daemon winners, air brush machines, and advanced techniques over the part thirty years, this Rhino ad makes me want to buy one right this second. 

Plus, I'm a huge fan of the beaky Space Marines, gets to me more than anything I've seen in this century....


1 comment:

  1. I like the basic rules system but every time GW changes the rules, supposedly to make them simpler, it adds another layer of complexity that allows a player to nullify the dice results of the opponent.

    ReplyDelete