Wednesday, June 8, 2016

A Gaming Store in Easton?

As much as people question my $1 investments into Kickstarters, most have proven enjoyable to follow, either in their success or their imminent disaster. 

In the most recent update for the Kobolds Ate My Baby Knuckle Sammich card game, the fellas at 9th Level Games gave their convention schedule for the Summer:
  • June: Origins - Columbus, Ohio
  • July:  DexCon - Morristown, NJ
  • August - Game and a Curry Indy Hangover - Allentown, PA?
A game convention in Allentown.  Inquiring minds want to know more. 

I'm still trying to figure out what the heck Game and a Curry actually is, but it appears that a collective of indy game companies will make an appearance at the Merchants Square Mall in Allentown on August 20th.   That might be the only available time I have for our Call of Cthulhu finale, so that's probably not an option. 

I did some advanced research on these Game and a Curry people, and I discovered a new game store was opening up in Easton!  I was intrigued and excited!

Then I found out the details. 

The Gamer's Edge of Stroudsburg is opening a second location.

It's at 709 Wood Avenue in Easton, which, despite their announces is a wee bit past the "Downtown" part of Easton.  If your store is on the other side of Dutchtown, you're in West Ward.  Good news, Porter's Pub is right around the corner. 

Per the Easton location's Facebook Page
Not sure what the parking situation is, but they are on the one-way block of Wood right off of Northampton St and looking at Google Maps, it was once a garage of some sort, so I'm assuming extra room for tournaments and such. 

No comments:

Post a Comment