Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Gaming Plans for 2013

My year-in-review is done, so, like any New Year's Eve Show I must explain my plans for my weird 2012-13 year.

Gnome Wars: Yes I know that this is the inspiration for the blog/name. Yes it accounts for over 50% of my gaming. Yes, it's the bulk of my gaming collection. Even with all that, I'm probably put on the back burner. Too many other priorities. I havent even cleaned up my mess from unloading the car after Mepacon, and that was April. After Christmas I might have interests again. Tanga can continue. Perhaps another Samoan game for Cold Wars... As a precursor to Cold Wars I could do it as Contemptible Little Gnomes. Plus I owe my godson Connor a few games (and painting lessons) with his Highlanders.

Cthulhu: After a great game, that is my main focus. It helps that my break time at work can be reading time, and my walks with the dog help me work with timing, pacing, and futile attempt to predict character actions. CoC's style and player availability might not allow for a monthly game, but I can foresee us powering through the four scenarios I have planned for 1924 and start a session or three of the big campaign.

TIARA: I may mix the princess element with some gladiator combat, catching up on one project that never got off the ground. The Warhammer figsI snagged cheap off of eBay will make an appearance soon.

Contemptible Little Armies: If the Samoan Civil War project is to kick off first I need to see if the chosen system for it will really work. Gnome, Space Marine, and Lizardmen stand-ins will be used before I take the plunge and expand into Colonial Polynesian games.

Legions of Steel: Still collecting it, a game or two would be the cherry on top.

Toon: We have dabbled into expanding Cthulhu Comes to Springfield, but nothing solid.

Dust Tactics: Phil will love this... Since I know we wont make every month for Cthulhu, and Phil's copy of Dust Tactics is still sitting on his shelf, I'd be happy to expand my horizons on this one.

Painting: good guys/bad guys for TIARA, and then it's completely open until I make my decision on the Samoa game.

Purchases. I'd like to clear off my current wish list, including a pile of MBA buildings, some Gnomes to round out the armies, the Mousling Tavern, and Tales of the Sleepless City when it comes out. Then comes the Samoa project, which will be the bulk of my fun share of the tax return.

The dream purchases would include the new edition of OGRE, more MBA, some Warlord Zulu goodness, Mantic Corporate Marines for LOS figs, and snag up all the LOS models.

Cons: even more low key this year. I'm going to enjoy myself as a normal conventioneer at Mepacon Fall, probably the same for Spring, and go balls out for Cold Wars. 2014 might be crazy, but I'll keep it low key.

That's right, no Fall-in...

And, of course, I'll keep blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment