Thursday, June 2, 2016

Jan's Hobby Shop, 93rd and Lexington, NYC

I'm a fan of hobby shops of every shape and size, and if I didn't have a wife and kids with me on our latest foray into New York, I'd mosey up a few blocks to see a legitimate hobby shop in the greatest city in the world.  Not expecting any bargains, I just love a store with a great story.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/05/29/nyregion/wartime-memories-in-miniature.html

Upon reading some online reviews, the store is put into two categories: (a) a great place for experienced modelers (b) not a great place for clueless parents, people with kids in tow, novices, or anyone of the non-Caucasian persuasion.    Sad to say, neither is very surprising, nor has any other hobby shop I've visited that's still in business for 40-plus years.

No comments:

Post a Comment