Saturday, October 8, 2011

The Miskatonic School for Girls Deck Building Game

Thanks to a friend on Facebook for bringing this to my attention, even if she does work for Games Workshop:

The Miskatonic School for Girls Deck Building Game is a combination of cute little girls with horrors of the lunchlady, er, I mean H.P. Lovecraft's Cthulhu Mythos.

Miskatonic School for Girls

While I don't think the concept is as visionary as the designers might claim (you play your school students and beset your opponents with evil, corrupting faculty and staff who drain their sanity. Last player with any sanity left wins!), it looks put-together, it's Lovecraftian, and it might just be fun.

While I haven't thrown a cent into their production, this looks far better than 95% of the items solicited montly (Trust me, I'm working on my monthly Apathy of New Releases post for October and this could have the worse mechanics in the history of card games and be game of the year compared to the drivel being released by the "major" companies.



No comments:

Post a Comment