This past weekend was one of the most productive, but also most relaxing ones since I've gotten married 6 1/2 years ago.
After a morning of yard and housework, we received a small trickle of visiting friends all day. No major arrivals of giant families from Michigan staying overnight, just recently divorced (and bored) friends and a few bored neighbors as well. At one point, my wife needed to leave to go to her annual review for her Per Diem job, and my friend Don, the lone visitor at the time, had taken a nap on the couch. Soon, my littlest, Millie, was passed out on the chair, and I waited for Maja to pass out as well.
Instead, I got a "Daddy, can you bring out my tower and play a game?"
How can I resist?
In "last week's" episode, Snow White had evaded capture and got changed to her normal, morbidly obese, Little People size.
Now Rapunzel had been captured by the German Gnomes, and stowed away in a castle. With no Flynn Rider figure to rescue her, who would do it?
- A unit of a female warrior and two mouslings had already infiltrated the castle and were attempting to get through the defenses
- A kick-butt unit of Little People Snow White, Bruce Carmezind (The Most Interesting Gnome in the World), a little red frog, and a Little People Race Car (with driver)
- A unit of renegade German Bunny Cavalry.
- A "Peace" Van driven by David the Gnome and Zeke the Mouse.
- 2 units of German Gnomes, one guarding in front of the river, the other behind it.
- Stonecutter Homer was watching the Battle from a safe location near the tower.
- An Owlbear, as placed by Maja, was guarding the interior of the tower.
- An out of control Ettin.
|From L to R: Snow White, Bruce Carmezind, the Race Car, the Peace Van with David and Zeke, and the Bunny Cav.|
On the Germans turn, their guns were wildly ineffective. Everyone apparently was soaking up the irony of a Peace Van running over people. The next line of German peasant infantry defending the bridge slowly creeped back, only to be met by the rampaging ettin, who cared little of friend or foe.
|The Van Rides to Rescue!|
Our Mousling friends (& Human) in the tower made mince meat of the Owlbear, yet could not defeat the donut laced machinations of Homer.
|Van vs Ettin|
Our heroes caught unawares, the van flew over the bridge and slide to a stop, only to be surrounded by the German rifles...
|Wow, the valet parking is so attentive!|
|Did Snow White know this was going to happen?|
|The Happy Couple|
It was a great impromptu hour long game with my daughter. Everyone else napped and became much more pleasant for the rest of the day. Now I just have to figure out the next game for her and her sister. It may be a variant of a very old scenario after I come back from my Daddy's gaming extravaganza next weekend, but I need to know who's on who's side....
|There are double agents everywhere!|