Monday, July 20, 2020

The Game Chateau Shutters

My local gaming cafe, The Game Chateau, is closing its doors, due to the ongoing restrictions of Covid-19.

The Game Chateau started by hosting open gaming area, along with coffee and baked goods, and did expand into game and accessories retail. 

I stopped into the Game Chateau a few early on their four-year existence.  The owners seemed nice and the concept wasn't my groove, but they worked hard to promote community.

That being said, they did bail on a collaboration with another FLGS for #FreeRPGDay, deciding to attend a convention as fans instead. 

For the past year and a half, the shop has been on my way home from work, but I haven't felt any conscious need to visit. 

The newspaper article I learned all this from also noted that current inventory was 40% with further promotions to be announced on their social media.








1 comment:

  1. There's one just two blocks from our house - I've often wondered how they're doing... I like the idea of these places, but not really my thing.

    Finnegan played D&D with a group there for a bit, about a year after they first opened, but a year later they were SO BUSY (on TUESDAY!?) they needed to find a new location and relocated to our place.

    I went in once or twice to look around When they first opened. But I'm not someone who would go and just look for someone to play a game with... and all of the games they have that I'd play... I already OWN (or one of the people I already play games with owns it)!?

    ReplyDelete