Friday, October 9, 2020

(Painting) Figures Within the Past Fortnite

Oddly enough, it has been two weeks since I posted my last painting projects.

First,  "The Smuggler" from Macrocosm Miniatures'  "The 7 Dwarves"  crew of Space Dwarves.

While The Smuggler painted up for the Kickstarter looked cool, in the world of the Gnomish Space Marines, he's Donnie Riddlebottom, retired Galactic Welder, and Sergeant Major of the Royal Order of Space Winnebagos.  He spends his retirement flying around with his wife, in a Space Winnebago, and is the honorary head of this fraternity of galactic motor homes.  Doesn't stop him from knocking off a bank or two with his modified flare gun/laser pistol. 

Second, a teaser of the great Nauvoo Legion project. One out of sixteen is finished!
Using the Confederate Officer from Gnomes Wars
A great excuse to break out the Butterscotch and Zinc paints from the Americana line.

I also need to get some structure into the kid's painting.  Millie continues to sneak down to the bench and paint random things.  Not figures, but toys, parts to broken things she's uncovered in the garage.  

[Edit:  I will note that when I woke the girls up for school today, only to find out they didn't have school due to a service day, I discovered that little burro in the hallway.  Seems the kittens are not just stealing tmy army guys from the basement.]

My eldest, Maja has always had the bigger flair for building things, and video games.  Minecraft turned into Roblox, since everyone in the neighborhood was playing it, and she's finally taken up to using her XBox to play... Fortnite.  It's an excitement I reserved to myself in the pre-Nintendo era.

Even good ol' Dad has jumped into a Battle Royale or three now.  I'm dating myself, but the last time I've done a shooter game was Goldeneye for the N64.  

I understand I'm playing six-year old kids, but I'll take whatever COVID victories there are.


Project 350: 527 (354/173) from 529 (354/175) - I'm caught up on Actual Plays and my new project planners I put on Google Drive have been helpful (8 out of 11 projects done in September, 5 of 15 already complete in October).  In addition to that, I was able to correct the "accordion effect" of all my blogging backlog during an insufferable conference call.  For the first half of calendar year I spread out all the work I want to do so each month has 2 game projects, 2 modelling projects, and 2 writing projects.  Things just fill in as they go to begin with, and if I somehow get two games in, I can always move to the next month... or I can wake up from the coma I'm in, cause I must be dreaming.

Which leads me to my final rant: My backdoor for the legacy version of Blogger was finally locked, so I'm certainly forced to use the new mobile-friendly but desktop frustrating new version.  

Next: The Nauvoo Legion sees the light at the end of the tunnel.  Problem is I haven't been to gauge whether the light is a small LED fifty foot away or a raging star fifty light-years away.  More Gnomish Space Marines, and a few more one-off figures, if the cats or Millie don't destroy everything first. 

No comments:

Post a Comment