Saturday, October 3, 2020

The Kitten Kaiju of My Painting Bench

With the first of October, sheer and utter madness descends upon me for.  It doesn't help that my "internet is down"  was the battle cry of not only some of my essential employees, but for myself as well.  I have just enough of a tech background to know that my work IT guys are more clueless than my ISP (No IT, my internet is working fine, with two School from Home laptops and Netflix going well, just like the last month before...  It's a security throttling issue, but pay no attention to the guy who needs to disconnect and use my wifi to answer emails.

*sigh*

Since I no longer have the time or metabolism to wallow in a beer or two, I have gotten some respite by getting down to the basement for the workout bench and the painting bench.  Both are works in progress this week.  

I started the 2021 Gaming Year with a direct order from Reaper.  Many of the previous Reapercon exclusive minis are now available online, so it was a perfect time to clear off those and anything else from my want list.  

Of course, let me start my gaming year by slicing off the tip of my index finger with an x-acto knife trimming the flash off one of the mouslings.  No stitches, but it hurts like a mother... and it's my go-to finger I use to test my blood sugar.  

That's on top of my ongoing battle with the kittens.  So far, a company of micro-armor support vehicles and one Legions of Steel Nightmare have met an untimely end plummeting to there deaths.

I am Posey, Destroyer of 28mm Worlds
While the painted figures getting knocked around is disconcerting (and a good excuse to buy more storage), I'm more amused by their predilection from army guys.  Weeks ago, they knocked over a box of green army dudes in an out-of-sight, out-of-mind location.  Since then, we've been finding the guys all over the house.  

If they steal my dice, I better be invited to the game.

And for my own personal records:  Project 350 -  529 (354/175) up from 526 (347/179).  Snagging a few new ideas, and not finishing up some Actual Play will create another uptick.  It's going to be a theme for the next two months, but I my wife works the entire next weekend, and I have a special invite game on the 16th, so I'll see what I can put together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment