Friday, February 11, 2022

(Kickstarter) #ZineMonth2022 - Wine Management by Matt Parkinson

 With the plethora of offering during #ZineMonth2022 (or #ZineMo as the cool kids are calling it).  There's got to be a one of two that are... wanting a bit.

There's plenty of Kickstarters I simply never mention because, well, they're presented horribly, or have overdone concepts, or exude an utter lack of trust to think about a pledge (even a buck, just to see it blow up spectacularly.  

The good news is that, Wine Management by Matt Parkinson, is none of those things.  But I also don't know exactly what I'm getting for my £3 pledge.   

It appears to be a solid solo resource management exercise involving a vinyard.  It seems to to only involve one sheet of paper of a game, and a few dice for randomization.  It also shows multi-player, GM-less capability, but I haven't the foggiest to even a vague answer of how.  

But even with this utter lack of an editor to the Kickstarter page, the great thing about #ZineMonth is that "an about $5" pledge keeps my interest growing, and if things work for vinyards, then it can work for other resource management mechanisms for games.  Color me intrigued.  

No comments:

Post a Comment