Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The Calm Before the Insanity

It's been a crazy summer, and an even crazier fall on the family front. My mother in law has been in the hospital for the last month, going through a series of complications that ultimately resulted in a valve replacement down at University of Pennsylvania Hospital. She recovering nicely, and may even be home by the weekend, but it's been a lot of traveling, especially for my wife. Compound this with trying to refinance the house, dealing with two girls under four, and me getting everything squared away for my new job, September would be a disaster if I was selfish and considered gaming.

There are two shining stars book ending the month. The first was the Risus: Illuminati University game run at the Day of Sloth. The second is hopefully my Cthulhu game this Saturday.

It's going to be a tight fit in the Monongahela Love Shack, set in an undisclosed location in Eastern Pennsylvania. As a Keeper I now have EIGHT players and a mobile dynamic to keep the game moving. I predict death, a possible dose of insanity, but no dynamite.

Tonight my 3-1/2 year old daughter Maja wanted to "read" my Mouse Guard books, but for numerous reasons I told her no. I later found her with my wife, telling stories out of another book, this time my hardcover of Masks of Nylarahotep. She's also convinced that she would have a better time with Daddy and his friends playing games, than a long-planned sleepover with her best friend Saturday night.

Guess I'll need to set up some late night gaming sessions... For the under 4 and over 30 groups.

No comments:

Post a Comment