Monday, September 24, 2012

Wooden Wars Kickstarter

I've heard from enough people that have already reached Kickstarter minis overload and they haven't even received a single mini yet. I'm on the opposite part of the spectrum; despite all my oohs and aahs, not a single penny has been pledged. Im having enough trouble priming and painting a half dozen items from eBay, much less a shipping container of product.

If money were no object, I would not pledge any money to this next project, rather, I would fund everything out of my own pocket.

Wooden Wars

Laser cut wooden block toy soldiers, using a system akin to HG Wells' Little Wars. Firing is conducted throwing a rubber ball, and thanks to the wooden poses (rimshot), players don't need to freak out over custom paint jobs getting ruined.


This appeals to my base sensibilities as a wargamer, starting when I was five. The armies are sturdy, play is simple to execute, and this something for ages 4 to 84 to have fun with.

While the majority of figures are Napoleonic, they are working on Victorian Sci-Fi figures, including mechanical steeds, Tesla cannons, and Venusian robots.

No comments:

Post a Comment