Thursday, October 3, 2019

Proof to My Wife That My Gaming Collection Isn't Too Big

Cape Fear Games in Willmington, North Carolina has been awarded the consignment rights to what is considered one of the world's largest gaming collections.

According to a news story in the Port City Daily, a former Stanford researcher and Microsoft engineer passed away, leaving a jaw-dropping collection that was recently transported cross country in a tractor-trailer.
(Port City Daily photo/Mark Darrough)
Perhaps the pictures don't do it justice, but it's a massive but unimpressive collection.   I've seen better copies oft the games listed (and heavens forbid, at more reasonable prices at an HMGS flea market.  I'd love for some testimonials on how this guy was an awesome gamer, but at first glance, he's a game, model hoarder on a Microsoft Vice-President's salary.  There's probably a few gems in 3,000 square feet of gaming,

At least this article buys me a little more time with my wife to straighten up the basement of all my minis.

Check out the rolling estate collection offerings at Cape Fear Games

1 comment:

  1. There's a copy of Battlefleet Gothic - still in the shrink wrap!?

    That's about all that caught my eye, though... as you say, largely uninspiring...

    ReplyDelete