Thursday, October 10, 2019

Actual Evil and Abuse at a Game Store.

I'd like to say that there's some elaborate social contract in regards to your Friendly Local Game Store, comic shop, hobby shop, or even book store.  I would hope that every location is a refuge from reality for folks whose lives might be too real otherwise.   I'm also aware that this hope is far easier to attain for white suburban male population, of which I was (and still am) a member off in my formative years.

But I've worked enough years in gaming/comics retail and know the impact a shop can have on the lives

This article, is the exact opposite of everything right... 
Subsequent news story flippantly measure the abuse for "only a year" but other news sources report the abuse went on for years.  And arrests for a 15-year old crime should require a LOT of corroborating evidence.  That requires a confession or witnesses.... which means even more people knew about everything.  The idea of others (possibly) standing by while this took place disgusts me. 

Adventure Games in on the far side of Scranton, too far to have visited, barring  one visit six years ago.  In all of the game stores I've visited over thirty years, nothing screamed the type of place were that would happen, but the saddest truth of all, in these lower echelon of game stores, nothing I witnessed would make the arrest shocking, and that's the greatest problem of all.

The announcement of the store trading hands went over on social media prior to the formal arrest, and all but a select few were oblivious to the allegations, the inquiry, and the ensuing arrest.  

No comments:

Post a Comment