Monday, September 7, 2026

Burning Plastic AAR - Thanks to Cyrus Duane

Last Mepacon, I had the pleasure of running two games of Burning Plastic, the sci-fi miniatures rules I helped create (and mostly promote) more than 30 years ago. Some of my returning players from the 90's attended and some may have gotten reference sheets and some of the few remaining copies. 

I did get linked by friend and TTRPG author  Cyrus Duane  as he ran a game for his son.

This looks exactly like I envisioned "Your First Burning Plastic Game" to be.  I'm probably wrong, but it looks like one of those container playsets they sell nowadays, with plenty of terrain to play with!

In the end, the only criticism was the power versus point cost of the tank.  I only counter that a tank in such a sparse game is madness, and.... Self-Destruction rules.
I may have found an artist for Burning Plastic 2.0

Their second post involve3d dinosaurs!!!  
I'll be honest, I may have snorted when I read that the T-Rex had a 1" range.   Well done! 

No comments:

Post a Comment