The great September Nor'easter just glanced off of Northeast Pennsylvania, meaning my last days of true Summer yardwork at my mom's will turn into finishing up the shed and focusing on leaves.
It also means I was left with a relatively quiet weekend. I cleaned the apartment, went to a much-needed eye appointment for new glasses, had breakfast with my friend Tom, and made progress on a number of projects which will be finalized and see the light of day new month (technically next year in my gaming calendar).
I also got a relatively quick visit from my daughters. Despite living 3 1/2 hours away, they would much rather travel down and attend their old high school's Homecoming weekend. Not exactly the weekned to run around in short dresses, but nevertheless, they persevered and had a great time.
If you remember at Historicon, Maja had her boyfriend come down to the con with his friend. Good kids, I even drove him partially home from the girls' new home earlier this month.
I was informed that he was making an appearance at my place and he was going to teach Maja how to play Magic.
With pizza picked up an a bigger table in the living room, I quickly made the realization that he had only brought two decks to play... assuming I still had piles of card.
Truth be told, I do have a smattering of cards, and scrambled to build and sleeve a classic green deck with whatever I had left in the box.
In a world where I was staring down enchantments that do the work a four enchantments back in the day, and a deck with Captain Frickin' America in it. I played with largely Revised cards and the salvage from a green Pauper deck from a few years ago.
I was the first of the three to die, but I held my own, the boyfriend fear my Gaea's Liege (attacking him with a 17/17 monster) made me an early target. In the end Maja figured out the rules easier than most, and appreciated Dad's understanding of the nuances of the White Life/Counter Deck (which I HATE playing in Arena. This one required a little more thinking that the knuckle dragging versions I play against online).
![]() |
| That Desert (and a well-timed Sandstorm) allowed me be represent Arabian Nights today.... |
Tomorrow will be the final Gamma World game, Wednesday will be my year in review, and Thursday is my plans for next year.
October looks to be a LOT of work for Fall-In! After I get over massive, but relatively simple projects, I'll still be struggling to get everything together for the weekend. Thank God I'm only running one Fistful of Lead game, the Gnome Joust, and being the PR person answering the question as to why there are never Gnome Wars games at Fall-In! anymore.
More to come...

No comments:
Post a Comment