It was 2014 when I missed enough of this odd little community concept called #RPGaDay that I used the questions as filler for my December posts.
Fast forward to the present, and we've completed the 13th Annual #RPGaDay.
It was good. I'm tired.
To be honest I'm tired for a number of reasons. It wasn't a year I was necessarily enthused, nor did my ideas or nostalgia flow off the old keyboard.
The prompts were serviceable. They're serviceable every year, and everyone is subject to the writer's whim.
And a huge shoutout to my Monday night online group. I brought about a dozen of the prompts to the the sessions and we mined a few gems for topics that I had completely forgotten about.
Like last year, most clicks go to Twitter, while most engagement remains Bluesky's domain, although... I expected a lot more traffic. Although all the clicks from social media and other engagement for the month was still less than my Historicon 2026 AAR views... a month after the con.
My favorite post was about my friend Hoyce on Day 1 "Discipline." While the most popular overall is the gaming internet's obsession with Lathar Bracken, Day 3 "Poise"
Barring any surprises, I'll be back to daily community sharing with the #CharacterCreationChallenge in January.

No comments:
Post a Comment