We have finally made it #RPGaDay2026 !
I'm coming into #RPGaDay this year with a different perspective. Over a dozen years of questions and prompts and certain topics are rehashed repeatedly. I won't link any older post, rather a
Day 1's prompt starts with a serious turn, "Discipline," and I'm grateful the recent onslaught of Dungeons & Daddies ads on social media will NOT steer me in that direction.
The suggested question is, "Share a character or fellow player who is a strong example of discipline."
He might disagree, but my paragon of discipline would be Hoyce.
![]() |
| Blippy, Hoyce, and Henry, at Hoyce's bachelor party. |
We're using his Google Meet subscription to run the game, so we're already eternally grateful. He's the first player online Monday nights. Heck, he's the first person I talked to when this years prompts came up, and we powered through all of them efficiently.
As a player, Hoyce has always been disciplined. He sticks with his character's structure mechanically, he knows the character background and looks for ways to further develop it. He adheres to character personality and goals.
Whether he's a gnome titan warrior, a womanizing bard before it went viral, a Sips'kud Bounty Hunter in Star Wars, or 10-foot tall mutant sunflower in Gamma World, I know he'll play the character concept tight.
Heck, he's the last player to create an Illuminati University character using GURPs, and if that doesn't involve a little discipline for a first time player, I don't what it does.
I can truly say that when he mentions his own home campaign, spun off from my own campaign, his skill at GMing is such that I actively listen to his own stories...
Alternative Question: Share a character or fellow player who is a strong example of discipline


No comments:
Post a Comment