Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Dexy's Midnight Gamers (or Cold Wars Pre-Gaming)

I was still debating when to leave for Cold Wars today. Volunteering in the Games in Education program has netted me a few perks at the Wyndham (formerly HOST), and with my wife leaving for a week for a training course next month, I'm tempted to take some extra time off.   

Then the rest of my crew have been pulled back into real life, thanks to the COVID-19 (administrative reasons, not infection-related).  

I'll go down tomorrow morning, and enjoy the pre-con chaos before the storm.  We'll all be there Thursday night for a "fun" joust and a Tactica game afterwards before focusing on Games in Education all day Friday.  Heck, I'm 50/50 about staying through most of Saturday.

My shopping list is quite rudimentary, as a lot of the stuff I snagged at Fall-In! hasn't been worked on yet! 
  • Badger Games - Mirlton old Grenadier line - In the style of Field of Dreams, if they bring Dragomen, I will buy them.
  • Windsword - Can't beat some Mushrooms and Egyptian stuff.
  • Reaper - I've got a bit of a list left for Bones and metal figures.  
  • Wally's Basement/Flea Market - Deals on "stuff" Legions of Steel, Warzone, Gnomes, etc... I still haven't worked on any of the cool zombie deals I snagged at Fall-In, but I'll still be looking.
  • Brigade Games - A couple more Post-Apoc figures.... but the gnomes still beckon to me....


No comments:

Post a Comment