Sunday, March 22, 2020

Even Self-Isolation Can't Help With My Painting


Even for a chance for Morgan Freeman to voice over my life, I would never be foolish enough to say I would paint all of my minis. 

But I finally got down to the painting table last night. 

Fun confession, as my wife took the girls on an hour-plus walk to burn off energy, I finally took all my stuff from the convention from the office, down to the workbench in the basement. 

No, not the recent swag from Cold Wars... the stuff I grabbed at Valley Forge for Fall-In!   Life has been so busy that I haven't had a proper couple of hours just to retool things and restart the motivation.

Good news, I got my couple hours to clean up the main section of the bench (the other half is a disaster).  Baggies were ripped open, figures based, buildings assembled, and in the end, 33 minis and 2 buildings were primed.
Bad news:  The kids have ransacked my paint and brushes for arts and crafts (Dad is NOT amused).  If I don't kill them, I grabbed some perfectly acceptable brush sets from the dollar store on Friday.  I guess I'll also need to peruse Michael's to replenish some of my paints.

As Monday finally starts my work from home, I'll try to institute a nice mixture of work/online schoolwork for the kids, some exercise for all of us, and at least one type of game per day.  And let's not forget a little painting for the whole family.

I have a feeling the governor will allow us to become "essential" employees by Monday afternoon, but I don't plan on coming in more than two times a week.  

2 comments:

  1. Well, maybe not ALL of them... but hopefully we'll all see SOME increase in productivity!

    Stay well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm already light years ahead! Two hours in the dungeon and seven little warm-up pieces are already finished.

      Delete