Friday, July 28, 2023

(Painting) The Low Budget City of Carf

In a world where everything at Historicon is hand-built or Miniature Building Authority, I'm not saying you should base your first city on Death Planet Iota on packing materials, but I know I'm doing it.  

As I quickly went over in my Historicon overview, I  ran "The Defense of Carf" for all three of my Fistful of Lead - Galactic Heroes games.  Despite identical event descriptions, I had each be part of a storyline.  

In the first game, my large building and "homes" were the site of a GSM VTOL crash.  The ensuing destruction resulted in a crater where the large building stood, and new protective walls.  In the final game, a new building was erected, and the Chaos Space Gnome promptly took it over.  

Today I cover the Chaos Gnome HQ, two large wall pieces, and a smaller section, which could have multiple uses.  

On a table with 20-year old award-winning terrain and MBA, keeping the discount buildings to a minimum at any one time was easily accomplished.  The simplest part was blending them into the the cloth on the big table, as they camouflaged themselves into it.   

I have to gigantic complexes, another plaza like the Chaos Gnomes have, and some more wall pieces to paint up.  The MBA and kitbashed buildings will still come out for Planet 28/FoL, but I have less worry if something happens to packing cardboard versus custom resin.  
Chaos Gnomes battling the newest residents, the Robot Legion!


Next:  A lot is going on, but my Historicon swag has a prominent spot on the painting table.    The Robot Legion from the flea market are getting some good ol' TLC.  My Space Dwarves: The Party Kickstarter rewards arrived over the weekend, and they're already cleaned, print and block painting begun.  I also have a special WW2/Pulp figure to finish before we move onto the *DUM DUM DUM!* Pulp game, Season 4, Episode 1).


No comments:

Post a Comment