Thursday, July 6, 2023

#RPGaDay2023 10th Anniversary Prompts Have Arrived!

If I was on my game this year, I would have already looked back and realized that last year's #RPGaDay were announced in the beginning of July.  I should have expected no less for this year's, the 10th anniversary of the process.


I had been dead-set to return to the original questions from a decade ago, and was disappointed with most of the questions/prompts/keywords from the last few year. I've got to admit that I enjoy and appreciate the options for each day.  

So, starting on August 1st, you can always take an interpretation of each day's question, and answer it to your blog, vlog, or social media of choice.  If the question doesn't hit with you, you can also just focus on the capitalized KEYWORD in the question and take things differently.   Lastly, to appease the #RPGaDay grognards, is the extra prompt to compare my answers to what I would have answered a decade ago.  That hits my old-guy-shouting-at-cloud nostalgia I think I demand.  With a month to go, start prepping and see you in August!

PROJECT 350: #RPGaDay is a bit clumsy on the back end of my blog, with 31+ posts to set up, write, and hopefully finish early and schedule.  This interferes with my personal blogging windmill that I regularly joust: Project 350.  I simply have so many drafts, projects, dream games, holiday filler posts, and ideas that I actively try work towards getting down to a reasonable number of blog drafts and scheduled blog posts behind the scenes.  I usually mention this when I give a general project update post, or when I actually finish painting something.    

So, putting this on official hiatus as I add the 31+ drafts into my system, we pause the never-ending process at 464 (312 drafts/152 schedule) down from 468 (312/156) last week. 

(Let's not talk about the sad fact that I was at 443 (293/150) this time last year.  It's a process where I'm the focus and not always the target audience).  If I didn't do this, I'm afraid things would balloon even worse than they already have).  

No comments:

Post a Comment