Wednesday, November 19, 2014

The Light at the End of the Tunnel

I admit I like to cryptically blame or complain about work for my gaming woes.  When you work for an insurance companies Medicare division, the old folk's Annual Enrollment Period is certainly, as the kids put it, cray-cray.    Adding three more interim employees in my section to manage and a few more job duties simply creates more fun.

Unlike the rest of the world, my insanity actually ends in December.  Although I'm still on permanent overtime, my workload shifts from crisis management to clean-up and hopefully ramp-up for next year my mid-January.   So outside of a foray into the bowels of Target for Christmas shopping, I can start planning out gaming days.

Off the top of my head, I've got the following

  • Mepacon Spring 2015 - Yes, it's way far out, but I anticipate after a big announcement post Thanksgiving, I'll be proposing something new for the con, something my may make me take up the the sacred title of con staff/volunteer again.  More to come as things get clearer.
  • Cold Wars 2015 - Still going with the guys for my weekend away, but thinking about going as a civilian.   More to come on that as well...
  • SATLOF - Our groups annual Saturday After Thanksgiving Leftover Feast, a day a gluttony, alcohol, and games.  I've got a few options to volunteer (I'm so not a fan of Redneck Life and I've been far worse with my write-your-own cards in Apples to Apples than anything Cards Against Humanity can do.)
  • Gnome Wars - When I was talking with my friend Brian at Mepacon, he was interested to come up and game at Emerald Vale, so we may make commandeer a table for some Gnome Wars.  We have a lot of catching up to do with Tanga and Western Front Great Wars games.
  • Call of Cthulhu - January?  I'm hoping for some nice weather and a mother-in-law who loves her grandkids to pull this off, but Masks must advance.  I also have to catch up on the Actual Plays so comments like, "I wonder if anyone will like Nichols' new investigator" make much more sense.
  • Car Wars - Hopefully, my basic set is sitting in the office at Emerald Vale, so I might begin to ponder the Great GenCon Food Truck Rally.  I know I have six players at the mere mention of it. The questions of where, when, and who will back the board might need to be answered.
  • Magic - Booster drafts on Friday nights might be more workable than Sunday, depending on how the kids behave.
  • The Kids! - Zombie Dice, Jungle Hunts, and Astro-Surfian Gnome Action are in their forecast.  I've got two weeks of vacation piled up and a winter full of snow days to use them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment