Friday, February 17, 2023

A Juicy Breakfast

I'd like to introduce everyone to "Juicy the Orange Dragon."

Juicy was originally Stormwing, the one and only dragon I've painted up.  They came from the Reaper Bones 3 Kickstarter, and I think they've only made an appearance or two in games.  Otherwise, Stormwing was biding his time on the top shelf of painted minis in the basement, collecting dust, and slowly bending over, as the original Reaper Bones material is wont to do.

As I moved out, the dragon was one of the issues, since I didn't really want to take the time to pack up a separate box, so by some forgotten mean, the dragon became a passenger in my car.   Sometimes they sat in the front seat, sometimes they were an ornament on my dashboard, like a fantasy equivalent of a plastic Jesus.  

Sometimes they shared breakfast with the kids, when I ran them to practice.  It was these trips where they were officially dubbed Juicy.  

The Daily Dashboard Feeding of Your Dragon
Alas, the weeks in the car were not kind to the dragon as a dashboard ornament/action toy.   A wing fell off (cleanly) and some paint has chipped off.  A perfect opportunity to "battle damage" the dragon and find a decent spot to display her.  (Genderswapping dragons and name changes are all the purview of the girls.  Male/Female/Other, the dragon is still going to eat some adventurers this year...)

On the Painting Queue:  Dust. Basketball playoffs are almost done, and hopefully we'll have some snow afterwards where I can hide and paint.  Chaos Space Dwarves, Gnomish Space Marines, Blue Martian all need to get finished so they can make appearances in my Planet 28 games.  I also grabbed some 3-D printed cultists and zombies from Alchemist's Cove that were reasonably price and not overdetailed.  They've been washed and primed and added to the growing clutter. 

Another reason for a lackluster week was one of my worklamps went kaput.  Sure, I don't expect much from an $8 Wal-Mart desk lamp, but since it's LED, I expected a near-lifetime of use.  

The bulbs didn't give out, the circuitry did.  I have had the pair long enough to be in the basement before we properly mitigated the water problem.  That excess moisture corroded the circuitry and fuses.   I will cannibalize the old one for sci-fi parts, and the replacement has already arrived from Wal-Mart.

Project 350:  After the #ZineQuest glut, we're back down to 471 (315/156) from 477 (317/160).  The next four weeks will be catching up my Gamma World actual plays, plotting Gnome Wars games for Cold Wars, and prepping for an Easter game that doesn't completely deviate from my normal holiday fare.

I also continued my trend of killing one post annually.  My August post about the "Fixers from the Floorboards" Kickstarter must have caught the attention of some sort of bot, because it was getting getting more than twenty times the traffic of any other post since last August.  As usual, I'll keep my numbers archived for posterity, but I figured I'd kill it before it cracks my top ten.

No comments:

Post a Comment