Saturday, November 5, 2011

Legions of Steel... stalled in China?

The supposed re-release of Legions of Steel was scheduled for 11-11-11, so I headed on over to the L.O.S boards for updates. I wish I hadn't

Clark Browning, one of the co-creators, and the man who owns the rights to the rules, just posted Thursday. Apparently, the economy thing has gone sour in the Great White North as well, as Clark lost his job this summer and had to relocate for a teaching position.

In China.

With limited space, Chinese internet censorship, and a scratched cd full of LOS rules, all the projects are in limbo.

He did mention about discussion with Ubisoft for an LOS app for the iPad. Throw in a make your own board app and it sounds interesting. He also mentioned about putting the LOS books online for free. Now, I was giddy about Talislanta doing this a few years ago, but to be honest, I haven't referenced the material or even promoted the game beyond a blog post. I'd like a happier fate for Clark and LOS.

No comments:

Post a Comment