Sunday, March 17, 2013

Sunday Afternoon Painting

This weekend I had Mr. Mom duties yet again. Saturday was a debacle, with a mini-blizzard and the kids completely amped up from 8am to almost 11pm.

Today is a different story. The kids woke up happy and we headed off to the local diner for as pleasant a breakfast as one can expect with a two and a four year old.

After sufficient potty stops, we headed off on a 90 minute drive through the back roads of Northeast PA. It managed to knock Millie out, and upon the return home, Maja and I played out in the snow, then returned in for afternoon of painting.

Well, Maja painted. Between maintaining sufficient paint to paper ratio for hand prints, I managed to clean up and base some figures. Hopefully I'll get primer on them after my wife gets home.

First are some Nigerian Rifles from Brigade Games that I failed to add to my list of spoils from Cold Wars. These were literally a last second purchase (three minutes before the dealer hall closed). They are going to be used for German trained Samoan rebels. Considering the picture of the troops was circa 1887, they probably best represent ten years of neglect. Yes, the stories of German Askaris is simply phenomenal, but they had a much longer relationship with the Kaiser.


Next up is the big project: two teams for the Ice Warz fantasy hockey game. I knew there was a reason to pick up hex bases! The figures were from a tabletop hockey game I got for Christmas a few years ago. The figures are closer to 35-40mm, but if they're dealing with oversized orcs and rat men, I don't think anyone will mind. I did keep the plastic flanges that attach the figure to the game. The goalies were more separated but I've had a dickens of a time keeping them balanced, so I'll take the criticism from the other eight players around the world who have played the game.


Third is a pack of Grenadier Future Warriors "Law Enforcement". I have a Squat and a random Warzone figure in the painting queue, so the Gnomish Space Marine RPG moves along slowly.


Finally, here's the WW1 figure I painted at the paint and take at Cold Wars. I had fifteen minutes to sit down and decompress, so be gentle. It also survived in the same pack as the Nigerians for a week inside my coat. Manufacturer unknown.


Perhaps tonight I get to paint (and watch Walking Dead).

No comments:

Post a Comment