Thursday, March 14, 2013

Gamer Tupperware Parties

I love my wife. For someone so intelligent, so does have her clueless moments. But the one cockamamie idea she hasn't acted on is running some form of the Tupperware.

If you don't know what a Tupperware party is, get off my lawn, and does your mother know where you are?

Of course, the last time I heard about a real Tupperware party, my Mom went to one and I think I was ten. Nowadays, it's all about candles, purses, baskets, jewelry, and "slumber parties." And lets not forget the barrage of phone calls, emails, and now, annoying Facebook posts EVERYONE can see. It's the female equivalent of the used car salesman.

But is there a gamer version of this? Better yet, shouldn't there be? No, I'm not talking about D&D night. That is what brick and mortar stores and good promotion are for. I'm thinking more in the area of small press, or better yet, workshop miniatures.

It would never be as pervasive as the female model, but what's wrong with a local rep for a Napoleonic minis company bringing the new line around to a collection of gamers, everyone doing one big order to save on shipping and the rep getting some minor kickbacks?  Am I just describing a demo team with a bag/display of unpainted lead and order forms?    Am I just crazy?  Comments please.

No comments:

Post a Comment